11.04.2013

Unexpected Teachers (30 Days of Gratitude)

Today I am grateful for books. I love reading, I have loved it since I was a child and ever since my mom would read out loud to me or my grandmother would gives us money reading books over the summer. I love people's stories and the words they use to create them.

Mostly I am grateful for all the books that I have for spiritual direction, for learning and teaching, for all the things I have learned from powerful ministers or even non-Christians God has used to speak truth into my life. I'm very grateful for those far away, those I've never met, those unexpected teachers who have have a profound influence on my life. For Brenda Salter McNiel, Henri Nouwen, Rick Richardson, James Choung, John Perkins, Andrew Marin, Alex Gee, Joan Bauer, Kathy Khang, Donald Miller, Robert Lupton, Fransico Jimenez, C.S. Lewis, Ann Voskamp, Francis Chan, Shane Claiborne, Sherman Alexie, Anne Lamot, Chaim Potok, and the many other authors who took a risk and put words to page - I am thankful for for your stories, for your words, and for sharing your life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment