11.05.2013

Spiritual Direction (30 Days of Gratitude)

Once a month I meet with an InterVarsity Spiritual Director and it just may be my favorite day of the month. I have been to counseling before and while it is a great resource - it focuses more on fixing problems, giving you ways to cope, or healing pain. And I've needed that in the past and I will continue to need that in the future. But right now I want someone to just help me see where is Jesus in all the chaos of my current life, what is Jesus doing each month, and how are these things connected.

Enter my spiritual director. It is still a trial phase but I really enjoy it. He listens, he affirms when situations are difficult, and he asks all the time - where do you see Jesus in this? What he said to me today is that Jesus and I writing a story together, and he (my spiritual director) is there to help figure out the themes, the plot, the points of connection. And it's in these times that I see how much Jesus is there for me, how is standing right beside me as I enter into seasons of chaos or frustration or busyness.

I am so grateful for these times, for the space to listen and to share, and for the time to see the story of my life being woven together and it makes me joyful for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment