11.16.2013

Feels like Home (30 Days of Gratitude)

Today I'm thankful for being in one place for more than a year. I have lived in Northridge for a year a three months and I'm so grateful for the stability of being in one place for a while. When I graduated from college in 2010, I didn't spend more than six months in a single place and being in Northridge feels like home. I have a lot of places that feel like home and feel safe - Pasadena, San Luis Obispo, Fresno, and now Northridge feels like a place I could call home.

I'm grateful to know this city and be known in it. To go to restaurants where they know my face and also my food order, to have friends to eat breakfast with, grateful for days that feel like fall, cloudy days that are prefect for reading, playing Nerts (my favorite card game ever) with friends, and going running with friends (and enjoying it). It's good to be in a place that feels like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment