11.08.2012

Beer and Wax Seals (30 Days of Gratitude)

Today I am pulling double duty on the thankfulness.

First off, I am so thankful that I got to spend time with my old college roommate, Nicole. I lived with her for most of college and we first met way back in the day during our freshman bible study. She is a friend I will treasure forever, who has been there for me through a lot rough times, and has really seen me grow from the stubborn little butt headed freshman, to a less stubborn, and slightly less butt headed adult (ok, I have seriously grown up, I promise). I enjoyed so much that she was in town for a presentation and we got to enjoy a beer together, reminding of the good days in SLO where we'd talk over a pint at Spike's.

Secondly, I was sincerely blessed by a wonderful surprise present from two of my students, Amanda and Jenel. I have been in a letter writing mood for the past month and I made a brief comment of how I wished for a wax seal to seal my envelopes with. Several days later, Amanda brings me a present of a my very one wax seal, with the letter "M" on it, for no reason other than to bless me with a gift. I am so thankful for their thoughtfulness and listening to me when I suppose I ramble. It not only touched me to receive a gift out of the blue, but one so personal and unique to me, it only made me feel more seen by my students.

At this point, I can no longer admit I am not seen by my own students (sense a theme here). I have no evidence to back that up anymore. And when I forget, I am thankful I have written this down to remember. And I can mail myself a letter and seal it with my stamp! (To say I'm excited to have this gift is an understatement - I'm completely nerding out about it, it's like an English major's dream come true).

No comments:

Post a Comment