10.13.2014

Long Beach, Worship, and Pumpkins

Over the past couple of months there have been many "challenges" that have arisen on social media. Whether it's dumping ice on your head to raise awareness for ALS or challenging people to be thankful this stuff comes up a lot. And I ignore 90% of it.

But this time I was challenges to write three things I'm thankful for for 5 days in a row. And I thought - why not? Gets me blogging for this whole week and thankfulness is a good thing right?

Week of Gratitude Day One

1) I'm grateful for my mother who drove with me on quite the epic adventure this weekend to retrieve something from Long Beach. I'm thankful she has an adventurous spirit and in the midst of her busy schedule still wanted to travel, eat, and take photos.

2) I'm thankful for Austin, our InterVarsity worship leader, for leading us in a time of liturgical worship. It was new, it was different, but he's done a great job in leading our fellowship in worship during this year. I'm grateful for his servant's heart, for his sensitivity to the Holy Spirit moving, and his desire to see others transformed by Jesus.

3) For all things pumpkin. Although in many places were are overdoing it (I saw pumpkin pie pop tarts the other day) I am grateful for Sweet Snow's pumpkin shaved ice. It is quiet delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment